Ann Kellett Book Coaching & Editing
"There is no great writing--only great rewriting." --Judge Louis Brandeis
- I live in Bryan-College Station, Texas, and have clients around the world.
- Over the years, I have written for three presidents of Texas A&M University and three chancellors of The Texas A&M University System.
- My work has received awards from the International Association of Business Communicators and Public Relations Society of America, as well as the top prize in the Writers' Police Academy Golden Donut short story contest.
- I earned a B.A. in English from Hendrix College (ranked the number one up-and-coming liberal arts college by U.S. News & World Report in recent years), and an M.Ed. and Ph.D. in higher education administration from Texas A&M.
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." --Jack London
- I was only the second person to receive both the Dissertation of the Year Award and T. M. Stinnett Award for Scholarly Achievement.
- I participated in Leadership Texas (now Leadership Women), a year-long program for 100 women leaders.
- I was awarded an Administrative Fulbright Grant to study higher education in Japan.
- I have been president of the International Association of Business Communicators-Brazos Valley chapter, the Brazos Writers writing group, and Texas Chapter FZ of the philanthropic sorority P.E.O.
"If the book is true, it will find the audience that is meant to read it." --Wally Lamb
- Personality-wise, I'm an oddball: an INTJ, by far the rarest of the 16 Myers-Briggs personality categories. What that means for you is that I'm good at brainstorming and thinking up big ideas, as well as tackling tedious, detail-oriented tasks. I believe in speaking frankly and definitely am not a drama queen.
- I was made a member of St. Silouan Antiochian Orthodox Church in College Station in 2018. A lapsed Presbyterian, I discovered Orthodoxy through Fr. Stephen Freeman's blog, Glory to God for All Things.
- My husband of 21 years, Michael Kellett, is a photographer who (among other things) recently restored a 1955 Chevrolet Nomad and now is hard at work on a 1956 Oldsmobile that sat in a field outside Kerrville, Texas, for more than 40 years.
- When we're not working, we're doting on our four rescued kitties or traveling, preferably on Michael's motorcycle in the Hill Country or Big Bend regions of Texas, or the mountains of Arkansas.